Congregational Church

Blantyre's Ain Website

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Blantyre Churches

Congregational Church

Congregational Church 1880

Neil Gordon gives a very good account of the previous Congregational Church building in his book, ‘Blantyre – An Historical Dictionary’, before it was demolished in 1954.

The church was demolished when it was discovered that underground workings had made the building unsafe. In 1920, when the structural faults became apparent, a special fundraising effort was started in order to finance the reinforcement of the church and re-slate the roof, which was in need of repair.

The present church was constructed on the same site at Craig Street which was formerly called, ‘Slag Road’ and was probably owned by John Craig, a local landowner, who, thought Neil, was also a benefactor of the early church considering that his property was used as a temporary church in 1877. Congregational Church

The present Congregational Church was constructed and opened for worship in 1958.

 

Congregational Church
Craig Street
Blantyre

Pastor: Hans Callison

Sunday Services 11.00 a.m.
Sunday School 11.00 a.m.

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Back to home

Right to next page

Site Designed & Maintained by:
minisymbol21“In Pursuit of Excellence”

Copyright © Symbol Internet Marketing 2003 – 2017

haste-ye-banner1