We can all remember the Stepek Electrical Shop at John Street on Glasgow Road and latterly, corner of Station Road and Glasgow Road, after all, most of our families got their first television and washing machine from Mr Stepek.
Jan Stepek, a Polish Immigrant, was a carpenter to trade and learned Radar during the War. When the War was over, he learned of a Grant to study Television and radio at Glasgow University, which he eagerly took, and came to Scotland in 1947 and settled in a room and kitchen in Cambuslang.
He was often seen pushing his cart through the streets of Blantyre, offering to repair broken radios.
He soon opened his first shop, then his second and eventually became the largest Electrical Retailer in Scotland. He bailed out Hamilton Accies and became Chairman from 1969 up until 1987 when he stepped down. In 2000 he became Chairman once again until 2002.
Although this video is 45 minutes long, it is well worth watching for an insight into the life of Jan Stepek.
If you have any Videos… Send them to Bill
Copyright © Symbol Internet Marketing 2003 – 2017