Methodist Church

Blantyre's Ain Website

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Old Blantyre Churches

Methodist Church

Methodist Church 1908Glasgow Road, photographed in 1908. The primitive Methodist Church, on the left hand side of the picture, originated in 1893 when it only had a handful of members. By 1902 services were being held in Dixon’s Hall (built by the coal-master of the same name) and the decision to build the Glasgow Road church was taken the following year.

The new church opened in 1905 and was in use until the First World War. After lying vacant for a time it was bought by Stonefield Independent Co-op in 1925.

It later became the Bethany Hall and was run by the Christian Brethren, who have been active in Blantyre since the first decade of the century. More recently, the church has been taken over by ‘The Word of Life Church’, an American based christian group and even more recently, a Children’s Nursery.

Glasgow Road TodayBethany Hall Today
~~~

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Back to home

Right to next page

Site Designed & Maintained by:
minisymbol21“In Pursuit of Excellence”

Copyright © Symbol Internet Marketing 2003 – 2017

haste-ye-banner1