The Cornerstone

Blantyre's Ain Website

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, ScotlandBlantyre PubsThe Cornerstone

 Carrigan's now The Cornerstone The Victoria Bar – Main Street at High Blantyre Cross. Owned by the Logan family and then the Steele family (Mary Steele, daughter of David Logan) and then Mrs Gilmurray, known as Val’s and later Carrigan’s and now The Cornerstone.
The photo is of Mary Logan Steele (1884 approx) who, along with her husband Joseph Steele (12th Jan 1874), were Landlords of this Pub in High Blantyre and lived at Orchardhead, Kirkton. Mary Logan Steele

Station CafeA great photo of High Blantyre Cross facing towards Auchinraith, taken around 1890, showing the Station Cafe and The Victoria Bar – Main Street at High Blantyre Cross. Owned by the Logan family and then the Steele family (Mary Steele, daughter of David Logan) and then Mrs Gilmurray, known as Val’s and later Carrigan’s and now The Cornerstone. The Station Cafe was also the first Ice Cream parlour in Blantyre owned by Tedeski and later became Maxwell’s restaurant.

School Lane was between the buildings on the left and the Station Cafe at the start of Spiers Laun to the right. The water fountain is on the immediate right.

The Cornerstone
360 Main St
High Blantyre
Lanarkshire
G72 9TD
Tel: 01698 823634

Great Food!

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Back to home

Right to next page

Site Designed & Maintained by:
minisymbol21“In Pursuit of Excellence”

Copyright © Symbol Internet Marketing 2003 – 2017

haste-ye-banner1