Nicholson’s Piggery

Blantyre's Ain Website

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Blantyre history

Aerial Photographs of Blantyre 1950

This is Nicholson’s Piggery at the bottom of John Street under the Railway Tunnel to the right. The Nicholson’s also owned a grocers shop on Station Road on corner of Woodburn Avenue across from Farm Road. Every house in the village had a bin for the piggery, called a broke bin,  which would be filled with food scraps and anything that would rot. Nicholson’s lorry would come on a certain day to collect.  Nicholson's Piggery

Source BritainfromAbove website

Sent in by Andy Lynch

~~~

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Back to home

Right to next page

Site Designed & Maintained by:
minisymbol21“In Pursuit of Excellence”

Copyright © Symbol Internet Marketing 2003 – 2017