Castle Park

Blantyre's Ain Website

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Blantyre history

Aerial Photographs of Blantyre 1950

From the bottom on the left is Forrest Street then Blantyre Engineering.From the bottom on the left is Forrest Street running south to Glasgow Road, with Sommerville’s Oil Works on the left and then Blantyre Engineering, bottom centre.

In the centre we have Castle Park, home of Blantyre Victoria F.C.

Top centre is St. Andrews Parish Church and then the Masonic Building.

The Road to the right is John Street, formerly called New Station Road because of its access to the Station via pathway and the tunnel under the railway line to the northern platform. Bottom right is Aitkenhead’s Slaughterhouse.

Source BritainfromAbove website

Sent in by Andy Lynch

~~~

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Back to home

Right to next page

Site Designed & Maintained by:
minisymbol21“In Pursuit of Excellence”

Copyright © Symbol Internet Marketing 2003 – 2017