Buggy Buildings

Blantyre's Ain Website

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Blantyre history

Aerial Photographs of Blantyre 1950

Buggy BuildingsThis is a great view of the Buggy Buildings on Auchinraith Road.

The road leading to the Buggy Buildings is Elm Street.

The Church of the Nazerine is the second from the bottom right.

At the top of the photo there are Prefabs in High Blantyre.

The name given to a 3 storey tenement which was situated on Auchinraith Road, between two smaller tenements. No one knows why it was given the name as it was no ‘buggier’ than any other buildings, but it was probably due to the builders using reclaimed timber which was already riddled with bugs.

The three properties were owned by two Australian brothers who gave the proper names of, James Place, Melbourne Place (The Buggy) and Radnor Place.

Source BritainfromAbove website

Sent in by Andy Lynch

~~~

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Back to home

Right to next page

Site Designed & Maintained by:
minisymbol21“In Pursuit of Excellence”

Copyright © Symbol Internet Marketing 2003 – 2017