Blantyre Engineering

Blantyre's Ain Website

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Blantyre history

Aerial Photographs of Blantyre 1950

Here we have an Aerial photo of Strathclyde 1950Here we have an Aerial photo of Strathclyde 1950.

From the bottom left we have Nicholson’s Piggery across the railway line and  next right you can just see the Tunnel under the Railway.

Bottom right is McPhee’s Piggery and to the left, across John Street is the Aitkenhead Slaughterhouse. (The Killing Hoose)

The large buildings to the left is Blantyre Engineering owned by James Kelly of Celtic F.C. fame and far left is the Sommerville Oil Works in Forrest Street.

To the left of Forrest Street we have Craighead Park home of Blantyre Celtic F.C.

Above the park is Craighead Rows known locally as Baird’s Raws.

To the left of Baird’s Raws is the Dog Track which doubled as the Speedway Track which was owned and operated by Frank Doonin.

To the right of Baird’s Raws is the Salvation Army Citadel in Forrest Street and across the road is Castle Park, home of Blantyre Victoria F.C.

Source BritainfromAbove website

Sent in by Andy Lynch

~~~

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Back to home

Right to next page

Site Designed & Maintained by:
minisymbol21“In Pursuit of Excellence”

Copyright © Symbol Internet Marketing 2003 – 2017