Baird’s Raws

Blantyre's Ain Website

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Blantyre history

Aerial Photographs of Blantyre 1950

Craighead Rows, known locally as Baird's Raws and bottom right is the Salvation Army Citadel on Forrest Street.In the centre we have Craighead Rows, known locally as Baird’s Raws and bottom right is the Salvation Army Citadel, opposite the entrance to Castle Park, home of Blantyre Victoria F.C. on Forrest Street.

At the bottom left of Baird’s Raws is the entrance to Craighead Park, home of Blantyre Celtic F.C.

Centre right at the top is Rosendale, leading off Glasgow Road where the bus is.

The building in front of the bus is Kelly’s Corner, (Henderson’s Building) at the bottom of Auchinraith Road.

To the left of Rosendale is the Caldwell Hall (called Coffin hall locally because of its shape) which was used as the Stonefield Church hall. Next to the Caldwell Hall is Chalmers Building, owned by Chalmers the Haulage Contractors.

Source BritainfromAbove website

Sent in by Andy Lynch

~~~

Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Back to home

Right to next page

Site Designed & Maintained by:
minisymbol21“In Pursuit of Excellence”

Copyright © Symbol Internet Marketing 2003 – 2017